Who We Are
Chatfood is the leading mobile ordering and payments platform for restaurants and entertainment venues. Founded in 2018, we are transforming how customers can order and pay at restaurants, cafés, bars, and beach clubs.
How are we doing it? By making it extremely easy, fast and rewarding for more than a million customers to order food and drinks in busy places, call a waiter or split bills with their friends - all of that by simply scanning a little QR code
We are a fast growing startup headquartered in Dubai and backed by the renowned international investors and the best VC's in the region including BECO Capital and Wamda. You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere with a diverse and passionate team building a new and complex product.
Our platform handles millions of requests with very high level of availability and security. If you’re a Frontend Engineer who understands that development is a team effort, who is motivated by solving complex problems and is looking for opportunities for personal growth, impact and learning, then we want to chat!
As a Senior Engineer, you will not only impact technical decisions as a leader but also support a team as a mentor and coach, and retain the ability to individually contribute to code and architecture.
- Develop frontend features and make improvements to the Chatfood product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Designers, Backend Engineers and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for and lead initiatives to improve product quality, security, and performance.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team, and propose and implement solutions.
- Ship small to medium sized features and improvements with minimal guidance from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and organizational problems and propose thorough, iterative solutions.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and provide clear status updates.
- Aspiration toward building our culture of communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.\
Our tech stack
You’ll work with the following frameworks, tools, and languages:
- Frontend: TypeScript, Vue
- Backend: Node.js with NestJS, PHP Laravel, .NET Core
- Storage: Mysql, MongoDB, Redis
- Data Infrastructure: Python, Snowflake, Airflow
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Professional experience building Frontend web applications using Vue or another modern frontend framework.
- Working knowledge frontend state management (e.g., Vuex or Redux)
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
- Experience with writing automation tests using Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, Cypress, etc.
- You have working knowledge of when and how to make your code scale effectively
- You are proactive in taking ownership of tasks and take them to completion
- You desire to learn and continually give and receive feedback effectively
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Experience contributing to open source software.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience as Tech Leader of small to medium team